A forum where all JLA members can meet and share ideas.

Characters

Armansikder
    Admin

Characters

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:00 am

alright so what are we thinking here? a teenage girl with a twin brother? Let's hear some ideas!
    Musella

Re: Characters

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:02 am

Sure. I don't know, I'm behind. XD So... One gets... Kidnapped?

crimsonbehemoth

Post  crimsonbehemoth on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:03 am

are we gonna go with one of them missing from a disaster or incident?
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:04 am

Musella wrote:Sure. I don't know, I'm behind. XD So... One gets... Kidnapped?
    idk yet. maybe. The twin brother was the one who disappeared i believe. Then his sister goes to search and find out what happened. Thats what i think so far. we need more people giving their inputs!

crimsonbehemoth

Post  crimsonbehemoth on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:05 am

how about one night the sister is sleeping and the twin brother asks for her to help him through twin telepathy
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:07 am

How about the teenage girl seeing things which are linked to her some way or things that are going on that no one else sees
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:09 am

crimsonbehemoth wrote:how about one night the sister is sleeping and the twin brother asks for her to help him through twin telepathy
    That actually sounds pretty cool. ^^ Of course, this is the part where I think it would be cool if the girl has to go through like, a dream world, and unlock clues in her conscience which is connected to her brother's, since they're twins, and has to go through his dreams to figure out where he is and save him. Maybe she could be very clever...
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:13 am

Shadowlink9988 wrote:How about the teenage girl seeing things which are linked to her some way or things that are going on that no one else sees
    yea i like the idea of her seeing things. Don't you think the telepathy might be a bit cliche? But who knows, it might play a good part later once you get to know the characters a lot more. Onto the subject of the actual thing that happened: I think that if there was a disaster that happened, an unknown one of coarse, it would make it seem to fit a lot more. Like they can communicate through their dreams or something.
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:19 am

Armansikder wrote:
    Shadowlink9988 wrote:How about the teenage girl seeing things which are linked to her some way or things that are going on that no one else sees
    yea i like the idea of her seeing things. Don't you think the telepathy might be a bit cliche? But who knows, it might play a good part later once you get to know the characters a lot more. Onto the subject of the actual thing that happened: I think that if there was a disaster that happened, an unknown one of coarse, it would make it seem to fit a lot more. Like they can communicate through their dreams or something.
    Well, maybe they are connected through the dreams. He can be talking to her and, to get answers, she has to relive the process of which he got lost and do all of the right things, just like the actions he did, and that will lead her right to him.
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:21 am

Yeah it seemed like the ability might seem like that but with the talk of dream entering and discovering hidden secrets within the brothers mind might help with her visions each time she unlocks something within the dreams and memories the world seems to reveal more of the secrets of what had happend
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:22 am

Sounds awesome. That's a great idea I think. ^^
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:22 am

Musella wrote:
    Armansikder wrote:
    Well, maybe they are connected through the dreams. He can be talking to her and, to get answers, she has to relive the process of which he got lost and do all of the right things, just like the actions he did, and that will lead her right to him.

i like it. At first her dreams could be something ild but then one day she notices something within her dreams and real life. They begin to connect. She couldn't tell the difference between reality or dream. Then to find out what is going on she can she needs to do what the dreams tell her so she can eventually uncover the mystery between the unnatural occurrence.
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:26 am

Sounds like we got a base.
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:27 am

Sounds great to me :3 what's next
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:32 am

Time period, place, circumstances... Internal and external conflicts.
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:32 am

Shadowlink9988 wrote:Sounds great to me :3 what's next
    well we don't know what the main character is like yet. we need specs!
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:35 am

So, New topic for Chacter design?
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:39 am

We should at least establish a location and personality so that we can describe the way the character reacts while also dealing with the constant visions and way the dreams effect her and view on the location
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:41 am

Shadowlink9988 wrote:We should at least establish a location and personality so that we can describe the way the character reacts while also dealing with the constant visions and way the dreams effect her and view on the location

There are a few choices. The setting will either be a fantasy world OR if it were in the real world and make it a lot more realistic i was thinking Tokyo, Japan. [Since its an island nation many natural disasters are plausible]
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:44 am

Hmm... I don't know why but this story strikes me at late 1800's with a Sherlock Holme's vibe to it. Like.. London mystery style. But she has to travel around to find her brother. So turn of the century, where there is enough that isn't fully understood so we could easily get away with tweaking it with our imagination.
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:50 am

That is true there are many possibilities as you said with a Japan there have many events and disasters so a troubled past is very possible and being set in the real world could also allow the visions to spread across a far past that ties into many events

While set in a fantasy like setting you could also have many possiblites as well such as the idea of traveling into a new location due to something that could have happend to original location or a mysterious force that had connection to the fantasy world this also applies to real world such as in some mangas and animes people use Japanese folklore and legends and set up devine forces
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 am

Shadowlink9988 wrote:That is true there are many possibilities as you said with a Japan there have many events and disasters so a troubled past is very possible and being set in the real world could also allow the visions to spread across a far past that ties into many events

While set in a fantasy like setting you could also have many possiblites as well such as the idea of traveling into a new location due to something that could have happend to original location or a mysterious force that had connection to the fantasy world this also applies to real world such as in some mangas and animes people use Japanese folklore and legends and set up devine forces

The idea of migrating due to disaster seems perfect. The people can leave the old place due to the destruction but eventually the MC comes back to it to remember everything and find her missing family.

We also have to decide on what this story can become. Like what sort of media? Movie, Novel, Visual Novel(manga), Anime, etc.
    shadowlink9988

Post  shadowlink9988 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:03 am

I'm good on any type but also how about this a disaster strike the main characters home location and much suffering and dramatic happends the people migrate and try to rebuild later on the old home land is not rebuilt but buried underground and many have slowly forget it while some hold it strong and remember it's pasts and secrets
    Musella

Post  Musella on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 am

I'm good with anything on paper. I do a lot of Concept Work. If you guys wanted to possibly film or animate, my aunt's and animator for Pixar so I'm sure she could give me some tips so I can keep up.
    Armansikder
    Admin

Post  Armansikder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:32 am

Shadowlink9988 wrote:I'm good on any type but also how about this a disaster strike the main characters home location and much suffering and dramatic happends the people migrate and try to rebuild later on the old home land is not rebuilt but buried underground and many have slowly forget it while some hold it strong and remember it's pasts and secrets

Underground,hmmm...sounds quite right. I like it so far. Okay so the MC is a teenage female who witnessed the destruction of her home, but since she was so young she could not remember. One thing she still doesn't know is the location of her family. Many years pass and yet she is still an orphan. She awoke many days after the disaster, but she was in a completely different place. Some people had found her after the disaster and took her in as their daughter.

So at this point we can say either the foster parents love her or hate her. They either treasure her or use her as a slave.

She sees dreams, but they seem like normal dreams. Eventually something happens which makes these dreams seem more real. She visualized her family, especially her brother. She never realized it at first but as the dreams get stronger and stronger she learns that it is really her brother. She doesn't know if they are alive or dead or whats going on in general. So she decided that she will try to uncover her past and find out what truly happened to her family.

Is it okay so far? Question Question Question

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:01 pm